POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soccer! : Soccer! Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Soccer!
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 12 Apr 2002 06:51:38
Message: <3cb6bc3a$1@news.povray.org>
I just modeled this REAL fast (of course I did follow a tutorial :) Its made
with Wings3D. I was really impressed, It won't get rid of my text editor but
I can definetly see myself using it for some organic stuff. I have a few
questions though. In Wings I changed the materials of the hexagons to black
so that it'd look more soccerbally. I saved it as .3ds and then used
crossroads to convert it to pov 3.0, Now its all white! Blechk. Is there
another, better, possibly newer program I should be using to covert things?
I'd rather see it converted to a mesh2 as well. I've seen other POVers use
wings and considering its open source maybe the author would consider
including a mesh1 and mesh2 pov export to the program? Has anyone contacted
him about this before?

Thanks,
Corey